Friday 6 October 2017

2 more jungle huts

Yes two more. This should be enough now. As the jungle is not the heaviest populated area on the planet tis should be MORE than enough buildings.

The models are 1 piece resin castings by Frontline Wargaming (http://www.frontlinewargaming.co.uk/) and as Tim is part of the wargaming club I do get a very small discount... big enough to stop me looking elsewhere.


I have painted these up to represent an old hut and a newly built hut. I will let you decide which is which although it should be very obvious.

Painting was very quick, about 30min if we include drying time. just a simple 1 colour and a heavy brown wash and then when dry a black to paint in the door. Ok I did leave them overnight and varnish them in the morning but still very swiftly painted with no fuss no muss and I think, to a good result.

Elsewhere on the painting table I have started a VSF Tank. It is currently on the third paint job as I was ever happy with the result. This time it is SO much simpler and just needs 1 bore base coat to get rig of any blotches or patchiness. So you may expect that pretty soon as well.



 Thanks for looking today and now to start the next Zombtober figure....

All the best Clint

14 comments:

  1. Nice additions Clint, should make for a cool outpost or village in the middle of the jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave it all adds to the pacific war in 15mm. Which will be Finished BEFORE Xmas.... well everything should be painted by then at least.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, Clint. They look like they'll fit in well with your other buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. Perhaps I should have done a group shot. I think and hoe that you are right.

      Delete
  3. Very nice work Clint. I especially like the yellow one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon. I chose a fresher colour so the hut did not look so old and run down. I am glad I DID. I think it should suit the jungle theme nicely.

      Delete
  4. always handy... nice work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ai. Just checked your blog. I see great minds think alike. Could not find a follow button though. Which is a shame as it looks like the kind of blog I would follow.

      Delete
  5. Lovely job Clint - they might have been 'quick' paint jobs, but they're VERY effective, and as you rightly say, you've now probably got enough buildings (unless you think of any 'special purpose' stuff that doesn't immediately spring to mind (eg lookout tower? sentry post?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Addict. I am afraid special purpose buildings did spring to mind as soon as you said it. Airfields on Pacific Island was the first obvious one! However I agree this should be enough to get me started. (And probably a whole lot more)

      Delete
  6. I've sent two replies to yourlast email but both have bounced back for some reason. As usual I can't find my contact sheet so I can't get your number. Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I will phone you about 6pm tomorrow.

      All the best Clint

      Delete
  7. Quick and simple paintjobs, but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. That is what we all want. Less time /effort painting and more time playing

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment.